2014 Finish #7: Hometown Stacked Coins

Another retreat finish!  I loved the simplicity of this quilt.  This is my third version of the stacked coin quilt.

Hometown Stacked Coins

I have to admit the quilt top has been done since last February.  It keeps getting pushed back on the long-arm quilting to do list.  There were gifts and new favorites that were quilted before this.

IMG_1178

IMG_1173

IMG_1176

IMG_1174

IMG_1175

I was able to finish the binding at the quilt retreat this weekend.  The binding and plaid backing are both fabrics from the Hometown line.  The long-arm quilting pattern is called Daisy Chain.

Untitled

The Hometown Stacked Coins was a hit at the retreat.  Lots of ladies came up to me to compliment my fabric choices.  This line of Sweetwater fabric came out in 2011.  I had been hoarding my jelly roll for a couple years.

The finish was just in time too!  It will be going to a new home within the week.  This is the 2nd quilt my husband “commissioned”.  I am sure that the quilt is going to a good home.

This entry was posted in 2014 Finishes, Quilting and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to 2014 Finish #7: Hometown Stacked Coins

1. quiltykanuck says:

How on earth do you mange to have 7 finished quilts in the first 8 weeks of the year! I can’t even find the time to finish one Farmer’s Wife Block a week! Crazy! Beautiful…

• Well, I live in MN and we have had some really crappy weather lately. Either it has been terribly cold or lots of snow – lots of no school days. Thanks for the compliment and stopping by my blog!

• quiltykanuck says:

We’ve had the same kind of weather (I’m up in Quebec City, Canada) but that usually means very bored kids that need a LOT of entertainment so mommy quilting is not at the top of their list. LOL! Keep warm!

2. Isabelle says:

It’s beautiful! I’ve done a stacked coin quilt for my youngest and always the look. Great finish.

3. msminnesota says:

Yet another fantastic finish! Someday my stacked coins

4. Sara says:

The colors are fabulous and the quilting is so pretty!!!

5. Shauna T says:

beautiful, love the colors and I really love the quilting, great job

6. Teressa says:

I’ve been hoarding my Sweetwater fabric too! I have a few blocks made with it but other quilts have pushed their way in. I need to get back to it. I love the line and your stacked coins and quilting are beautiful!

7. Mary Stori says:

What a great new setting for an old favorite pattern!

8. Karen Schulz says:

visiting from crazy mum quilts. lucky you getting to work on a long arm quilting machine. Love the quilting and the quilt

9. beautiful coin quilt, and I like that your background is a print. It makes it really interesting!

I’m so glad you shared at Needle and Thread Thursday!

🙂 Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

10. Dona says:

I really like this one! I have made a different variation of the stacked coins but this is a neat way to use some more scraps.

11. Joanie says:

Beautiful quilt made up with pretty fabric! Funny we buy fabric and don’t want to cut into it because it is so pretty! Awesome quilting motif!

12. Pingback: 2014 In Review | My Pieced Life: Like a quilt, life is a pieced work of art.