One row at a time…Triangle Quilt Along – Piecing

I am attempting to keep up with The Sassy’s Quilter’s Triangle Quilt Along.  I had big plans to sew, sew some more, and then finish with a bit more sewing.

Unfortunately, my uncle was in a car accident last Friday due to MN weather conditions.  My parents were out of town and unable to return.  There was a lot of time spent on the phone talking to my parents and sisters as his condition became tragic over the weekend.  Sewing didn’t seem as important after that.

I laid out the quilt Sunday and sewed a few rows together.

My very “helpful” assistant….

image

These are rows 9-13.  I had to pick up the first 8 rows so I would have space to continue the process.

image

I have to admit…I’m not completely in love with the quilt.  It is growing on me.

image

It may just be my current frame of mind. Does that happen to you?  That certain quilts remind you of what was going on in your life while you are making it?  Life events are a part of every quilt.  For me, quilting is a stress reliever.  If life is stressing me out, I tend to get lost in the process of making quilts.  Those quilts are a bit bittersweet for me.

I keep telling myself if I sew 2 rows a night, I will be able to get enough done to keep my goal of long arming my quilt April 26th.  I am thinking that I will need some serious quilt therapy this weekend.

Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIPs Wednesday, Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation’s Needle & Thread Thursday, and with Paula, The Sassy Quilter, forThe Triangle QAL.

This entry was posted in Quilt Alongs, Quilting and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to One row at a time…Triangle Quilt Along – Piecing

1. msminnesota says:

I think this quilt will grow on you as your start sewing the rows together. I’m hoping you can get some machine time over the weekend – helps take the mind off of other things.

2. Liz Rehrauer says:

I hope all goes well for your uncle. Right now this quilt might be a reminder of the event. Hopefully, all goes well and this can eventually become a reminder to appreciate what you have. Your quilt is beautiful. I love your colors.

• Thank you for the support and for stopping by! The quilting world is a great community. I have decided that I should use the quilt to remember to check in on my aunt and see how she is doing.

3. barbarakonkle says:

I am in love with this quilt. I love the colors so much! The purple really pops! I totally understand about circumstances changing how you feel about a quilt. My family is going through a lot right now and quilting when I can do it is a huge relief but it does remind me of what I am struggling with when it is done.

• Thank you so much! Your encouragement helps! Quilting definitely helps deal with whatever life throws at us. I am adding more purple to the quilt. I think I was using the purples too sparingly. Time to go big or go home! : )

4. Karen Schulz says:

Well I love the quilt. Heaps of people at WIP Wednesday had triangle quilts and yours stood out to me. So sorry to hear about your uncle. situations in my life definitely affect how I feel about particular projects

5. I hope your uncle will be OK. I love your purple colors alongside the black and whites. It’s a beautiful combination and one that I may need to use in a future project!

6. Wendy says:

I love the quilt too! I think the dash of purple with the black and white is clean and modern. I hope it does grow on you because I think it will turn out great. I do hope you uncle gets better too.

7. This is looking great! I am loving the purples and blacks.

8. CeLynn says:

Hope that your Uncle recovers quickly! I am really loving the little pops of purple,I looks wonderful.

• Thanks for the positive encouragement! I’ve decided to add more purples to the quilt. I had them cut, but was using them sparingly. Decided I needed to embrace more perky purple color in the quilt.

9. The Sassy Quilter says:

Prayers for your uncle and family! Hope everything is okay. The quilt is coming along great and I just love the pop that the purple adds. Deep breaths and just do what you can, the rest will work itself out. Your little helper already seem to like it:)

• Thanks for the encouragement! I did get some sewing in this weekend. I will definitely need the extra week over Easter to get caught up. Thanks for the tips on how to line up the triangle points.

10. Beth says:

I love the blacks with the purple. Totally understand how feelings change with a quilt. I hope and pray your uncle will recover and quilting time as a little therapy. Important part is to take care of yourself!