A Finished Top – Triangle Quilt Along

First, I would like to thank everyone for the kind words of support regarding my uncle. Unfortunately he didn’t survive the car accident.  There was a beautiful celebration of his life with many tears and much laughter.

Since, then I have been able to get in some quality sewing time over the Easter holiday.   I wasn’t able to link up a finished quilt top in time to link up to The Sassy Quilter’s deadline.   I would have liked to been able to post; I even started one with row by row progress.   Instead of finishing the post, I decided it was more important to sew.

image

This was a quick photo between the rain showers, sorry for the poor picture!

I am scheduled to long arm quilt this on Saturday.  Before then, I will need to iron my 108 inch backing and sew on the zippers for the long arm frame.   Not sure how to quilt this, but I  have a couple of ideas.

Option 1:  Purple thread with a triangle pattern (In my dream world, it would be variegated purple thread)

JLSPANTO04-2

Option 2:  Black thread with a triangle pattern

Option 3:  Black thread with a “modern” quilting pattern – depends on what is available at the long arm rental shop.  I may see a pattern and decide that is the one

KPPANTO50-2

The Sassy’s Quilter Triangle Quilt Along allows 2 weeks to catch up or quilt and bind.  Finished quilts must link up by May 5th.  This might be one of those quilts that gets quilted AND bound in the same day.  (That is a really rare occurrence, kind of like a blood moon!)

Stay tuned for further updates!

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilt’s Finish It Up Friday!

This entry was posted in Quilting and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to A Finished Top – Triangle Quilt Along

1. Isabelle says:

Oh my goodness I love this!

2. msminnesota says:

Turned out fantastic! It’s a great size. I can’t decide which I like better. If you do option 3, how big would you do them? As big as your rows?

3. I like option #1. But whatever you choose, it is such a big beautiful top! Love the purple against all the black and white. And I am not a purple person! Sure hope we have a blood moon because I am excited to see this finished!

4. knitnkwilt says:

Great placement of the large prints! As to quilting, I’d go for something curvy for contrast. If not that, then the first option. Meanwhile, you gave me a great idea for the quilt on my couch awaiting a quilting plan.

5. Snowcatcher says:

I’m so sorry to hear your uncle did not make it. My prayers are with you and your family.

The quilt is lovely. The colors are wonderful, and I hope you are able to find purple variegated thread!

6. Kat says:

I really like the pantos you are considering. I’m sure it will look great no matter which you choose!

7. Karen says:

Very pretty quilt. I love the fabrics that you used. I like option 1 but I am sure how ever you quilt it will be perfect.

8. I’m so sorry to hear of your uncle. I hope you and your family can find comfort in your memories of him. I love the purple, black, and white combo of your triangles. I really think that any of those quilting designs would look amazing on your quilt. Can’t wait to see it finished!

Thanks for linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday!

🙂 Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

9. The Sassy Quilter says:

So sorry about your uncle:( Sending lots of prayers for comfort and peace your way.
    I do love the way your top turned out though!!! Just perfect. These are all such great designs, but option 3 is my favorite!

10. Pingback: 2014 Finish #8: Triangles Triangles and More Triangles | My Pieced Life: Like a quilt, life is a pieced work of art.