This is the 3rd project I have made with Bonnie & Camille’s Marmalade.
I made an attempt to long-arm quilt the wall hanging. I used a green thread and computer pantograph of feathered plumes. I wasn’t real happy with the first stitches, but thought it would grow on me. Um…. Nope! The first pass was finished, and I still wasn’t happy. It was time to stop long-arming and start ripping out the threads. I unloaded it from the long-arm quilting frame and took it home to un-sew.
I use an embroidery hoop to tighten the fabric, and rip out the threads while I watch tv. Makes the process so much more bearable. You can see the feathered plumes on the sides of the quilt. I didn’t feel the need to rip out the thread in an area that will eventually be cut off.
After a summer of working at the long-arm quilting shop, I have become much quicker ripping out mistakes. Not going to lie, I had quite a few of them as I learned the process. Mistakes happen; they just need to be fixed. As long as I learn from them and don’t recreate the situation again.
I will say that I would have rather have learned from the mistakes on my own quilts. Once, I shorted myself on batting by 2 inches at the bottom, just ended up cutting the borders to make a little more narrow. The recipient of the quilt knows no different.