Have you seen my mojo?
I can’t believe that it has been so long since I have blogged. Life has happened, been in a bit of a funk, had a health concern, and I couldn’t get into a groove. I haven’t completed a quilt top since June! The last thing I completed were the paper piecing blocks from the class I took at the MN Quilt Show.
Usually I am very productive during the summer. I am a teacher and have plenty of time to sleep in, take naps, quilt, catch up on tv series, and walk the dog during June, July, and August. This summer was different from the beginning. My husband and I were able to go on a trip of a lifetime to Europe during late June and most of July. My college friend, Paul, has lived in Prague for years and we finally got on a plane to visit and explore.
My Fat Quarter Shop Sew What T-shirt selfie in front of the Berlin Cathedral. This was the view from our hotel balcony.
Then there was a girls’ weekend with college roommates, a weekend at a campground, county fair season, and school started. Somehow, weeks became months and November turned into December.
I usually have time to quilt on the weekends, but haven’t been feeling that well, been really tired. My hands were very swollen, and I struggled with cutting and sewing. I am a new medication that is helping.
I’ve slowly been starting small projects. What have I been working on?
- I have finally finished one of the 2 quilt tops that have been on my design wall since June. Honey Honey quilt top is done, but the Scrumptious Fairground quilt is still on the design wall.
- The closest quilt finish I have is a baby quilt. I still need to sew the borders on.
- Pillowcases to donate to a children’s hospital.
- A few mug rugs to decorate my desk for the start of school
- I am thinking starting a new project might just be what I need inspire me to sew/quilt! Like I don’t have a long list of WIPS!
Hopefully, this girl has got her groove back. Blog posts to come!