2014 was amazing!
I am a little late with a 2014 recap, but I really have a good reason! I was on vacation in Jamaica over the holidays and was basically unplugged from the digital world. My days consisted of sleeping in late, eating, naps, soaking up the sun, reading, eating again, and a few cocktails.
Aren’t you proud of me? Those are my toes as I sat in the shade. I like the sun, but was responsible – used lots of spf and read my books in the shade in between floating around in the ocean or pool.
Then I came back to the real world… school started back up, semester classes had to wrap up, finals needed to be taken, and grades verified in a matter of 2 weeks. Throw in a cold and the next thing you know it is late January.
Winter 2014 was a tough winter due to the polar vortex. I was able to finish many quilts because there was no point leaving my house. Life existed in my warm, cozy sewing room! I was able to finish many quilts during the early months due to the polar vortex. Life existed inside my warm, cozy sewing room!
- My husband and I were able to take a trip of a lifetime this past summer to Europe. We spent 3 weeks touring Amsterdam, Germany, and Prague. The trip included seeing a college friend who lives in Prague and visiting so many amazing sights. It still seems like a dream to me.
- A 750 QE Bernina found space in my sewing room. I became one of those people…. a multiple sewing machine home. It has taken me some time to learn the basics of being a Bernina owner. I still have a lot to learn. Look at her brand new out of the box!
- I completed a few mug rugs for my desk at work.
- I made a few pillowcases to donate to a children’s hospital.
- 2014 ended with a much-needed relaxing vacation in Jamaica. The only downside is that I usually spend most of my Christmas break sewing. I quickly got over that after a few drinks on the beach.
2014 was pretty special and memorable!