Even though this quilt is not my favorite and there are some really noticeable errors, I decided to finish this project of torment. I still like the fabric, and I can look at the back more than the front, right?
I used a honey bee long arm quilting pattern. Lucy, the owner, was willing to purchase the pattern. I know of another quilt that I have in progress that will use it as well. Plus, the pattern just gets added to her library selection so others may use it.
Lucy put the quilt on the long-arm frame. She noticed that it wasn’t my best work. I explained the long saga to her. ; ) A few customers came in and I tried not to draw any attention to myself so they didn’t come over to check out the horror!
Sometimes you want the quilting to blend into the pattern so the pattern is the main attraction. Well, that was not the case for this quilt. The thread is a golden orange color. The backing thread is more golden to blend in a bit more.
The quilting was a bit of a nightmare. The process was fine, the viewing of all of the mis-matched seams was on full display. Of course, that is when people came into the long arm quilting shop. People are very curious and check out what is on the machines. I felt like I had to make excuses or employ some smoke and mirrors deception!
The backing is Kate Spain’s Honey Honey in Blush apiary. The binding is also from the Honey Honey line, coral tonal flower.
The variegated thread is from the Tula Pink’s Aurifil thread box.
A finished quilt! I don’t know if I have been more relieved to have a project off my to-do list!
Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts’ Finish It Up Friday! Thanks for hosting Amanda Jean!
Another 2015 APQ’s UFO Challenge Finish: APQ’s UFO Challenge 2015 pg 2
There is a special little girl that has been kind enough to take in this quilt and give it the love it deserves!